Hi, I'm Kate :)
I currently am studying Special Effects for Film and TV at Bolton University.
This blog is a collection of my work from my past and present course and personal pieces, aswell as
artists and work that inspires me :)
+ special effects, surrealism. buddhism. photography. textiles. sketching. experimental film. architecture. colours. black and white. fashion.
Ask me anything :)
So the last few weeks have been manic.
I had to go home for easter, which meant I was away from the computers and the software I needed to finish two of my assignments.
On the upside, Sal was near enough completed during that time.
Now I’m back at uni, and have one week left till my deadline date.
Serious progress has been made today on my maya work, including animating, texturing, lighting, etc etc. However, there have been a few problems occured that I’m desperately hoping I can figure out and fix them before rendering day.
I hope to have rendered by Wednesday, and then after that it’s a case of getting my report looking tip top and sorting out the final footage, which should only take me a few hours.
Sals almost done; he only has a few details left to be finished, then I can get on with photographing him and composiiting in the guns and sorting out my final shots. The sculpt will be finished over the weekend, photos done on tuesday and then the compositing done the days after.
My nuke work is still at a stand still, however on wednesday I did have some progress with the tracking.
But to be honest, I’m putting that on the back burner for now.
The bigggg problem is, I’m now stumbling around on crutches, so my plans for working over the weekend in the library is going to be a challange, but I’m trudging on.
Pictures of all my work will be upload either after the deadline day or maybe sooner if I find the time :)
I have the flu, so I’ve decided to take the day off uni and get some work done at home.
I’ve been working on my sculpt of Sal, mainly trying to get his muscle structure and his proportions right, before I start adding on any detail.
Because of his weird out of shape body, I’m finding this a struggle. His torso and shoulders are soo big, that every time I Bmake them to scale, his legs still look way too small.
I’m going to carry on with this stage for the next few days, and wait to see what my lecturer says about it and get his thoughts.
I promise, pictures will follow when I’m feeling better.
Soooooo today was a bag of mixed emotions.
I got a shed load of work done on Salvador, including the whole armature and got that fixed to the base board, the tin foil inner structure and taped that up, and his body is nearly finished being blocked out.
The one problem I’m facing now is trying to get all of his proportions right and in the proper place. His structure is so weird that everytime I make it too the orthographics ( and correct) it just looks really weird and wrong.
So I’m trying to find a balance between the two.
Pictures to follow tomorrow.
Thennnnn we had the big presentation for the VFX module, which went awfully.
I was a bundle of nerves, and didn’t really have much to say about my shots.
However, the lecturers thought I seemed really confident and presented really well. So I think I’ve done pretty good.
The only thing that was said was to be a little more technical in my approach to the work and too include concepts of my ideas next time.
No that’s fine!
Awesome, I’m sure you’ll love the course!